New to Town?
Welcome to your new home - Cardston, Alberta! This page is here to help you know what you need to know now that you're living in Town, things like:
How do I set up Utilities? (Water, Sewer, Garbage, Recycling?)
- Call 310-2010 to set up Town Utilities with ENMAX
- Visit www.ucahelps.alberta.ca/
What day is my garbage pickup day?
- See the pickup schedule and calendar: cardston.ca/garbage
I have a pet - What are my responsibilities as a pet owner in Town?
- Animal Bylaw - Register your pets
I work from home - Do I need a business license?
What big events are there in Town? - View the community calendar.
Bylaws - What are my other responsibilities as a resident in Town?
- Snow removal Bylaw - Shoveling sidewalks.
- Unsightly Property - Lawn maintenance, weed control, etc.
- File a Complaint - Online Reporting
Land Use - What can I build on my property in Town?
- Land Use Bylaw - (Download from www.orrsc.com)
Property Taxes - When are they due and how are they calculated?
- Apply for TIPP - Tax Installation Prepayment Plan
Anything else I should know about?
Have a question that's not on the list? Feel free to call the Town Office at 403-653-3366.