Summer Employment 2023
The Town of Cardston is inviting applications for its summer job openings. For a complete job description and list of required qualifications for each of the following positions, please check our Employment Opportunities page, or inquire at the Town Office at 67 - 3 Ave. W. between 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Available positions include seasonal positions, post-secondary positions, and high school positions. Please note that start dates range from March 29th to May 1nd for most positions other than Museum Interpreters, which will start mid-June and Pool Lifeguard/Instructors & Waterslide Attendant which will start mid-May.
Golf Course – Mechanic
Weather Dependent – March 14, 2023
- Maintain mowers, golf carts, and other equipment ensuring proper working order
- Conduct daily inspections of equipment
- Establish a schedule of maintenance for golf course equipment
- Conduct adequate safety inspections of grounds and equipment
- Assist with irrigation when assigned
- Contain costs by utilizing warranties and evaluate service and parts options.
- Assist in training employees on vehicle and equipment operation
- Ensure tools, equipment and supplies are organized and maintained in proper working order.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock and requisitioning parts needed for repairs while staying within the set budgets.
- Must be physically fit, this includes being able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be an honest, accountable, team playing individual
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Specialized training in the automotive/mechanics industry or relevant experience is required
- Receive direction well
- Grooming and dress standards will be required of the successful applicant
- A current drivers license is required as the job involves the use of town vehicles
1 Position – (40-44) hours per week
March 10, 2023
Send Cover Letter & Resume to:
Golf Course Manager
Town of Cardston
Cardston AB, T0K 0K0