Summer Employment 2023
The Town of Cardston is inviting applications for its summer job openings. For a complete job description and list of required qualifications for each of the following positions, please check our Employment Opportunities page, or inquire at the Town Office at 67 - 3 Ave. W. between 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Available positions include seasonal positions, post-secondary positions, and high school positions. Please note that start dates range from March 29th to May 1nd for most positions other than Museum Interpreters, which will start mid-June and Pool Lifeguard/Instructors & Waterslide Attendant which will start mid-May.
Interpreters are employed to provide friendly and prompt service in the delivery of guided tours of museums. The job duties include but are not limited to:
- Interpret accurate and engaging historical information to visitors of the historical site;
- Demonstrate the culture or “way of life” of the people of the period to include the daily life tasks;
- Open, close, and care for the historic site;
- Develop programs and carry out the preparation and management for various events for the historic site;
- Monitor visitors’ activities in order to ensure compliance with museum’s regulations and safety practices;
- Record visitor statistics and conduct other forms of visitor research.
Those individuals employed as Interpreters must possess a sound knowledge of the Card Home and the Courthouse Museum, training will be provided. In addition, Interpreters must:
- Be able to courteously and efficiently deal with public inquiries;
- Be flexible so as to effectively deal with a varying number of personalities and situations;
- Be neat and orderly;
- Be friendly, courteous and helpful at all times in all situations;
- Be a dependable, self motivated person who is able to work independently;
- Possess good communication skills.
Hours are based on a rotating schedule, requiring work during various periods of the day; and work on some weekends excluding Sundays.
April 28, 2023
Send Application and Resume to:
Director of Corporate Services
Box 280 Cardston, AB T0K 0K0