The Jim and Mary Kearl Library is looking for highly organized candidate with excellent interpersonal skills for the position of Library Clerk. Library clerks are responsible for sorting and shelving books according to their categorization, assisting customers with internet access. They also manage inquiries over the counter, via email or telephone, among other duties.
Furthermore, library clerks need to attend to any disruptions or disturbances in the library, requiring confidence and excellent communicative skill.
If interested in this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the complete job posting and a copy of the job description.
Employer Name: Jim and Mary Kearl Library
Posted Date: 14-Jun-2021
# of Positions: 1
Employment Terms: Permanent/Casual
Apply By: 25-Jun-2021
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application to email@example.com by midnight on Friday June 25, 2021. We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Jim and Mary Kearl Library supports the principles of an inclusive work force and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Please submit cover letter and resume in one PDF document no later than June 25, 2021
Please ensure you provide supervisory references and their contact information, including email addresses, in the application. A criminal record and vulnerable sector check is required.
The Library Clerk is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Jim and Mary Kearl library in order to support libraries as positive, welcoming and relevant centres of learning for all members of the community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of proficiency in database software and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good problem solving ability
- The ability to interact positively with students and staff and work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Familiarity with the use of various software would be a definite asset.
- A Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent;
- Preference will be given to candidates with a certificate or diploma in library and/or information
- technology from an accredited post-secondary institution;
- Experience in a customer service role
- The successful applicant of this casual position must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Exact schedule is regularly posted on the 15th of each month, commencing July 12, 2021.
Salary per hour $15.25
- Some manual labour including regular physical exertion and handling of objects up to 30 pounds (14 kg) on a repeated basis through the day and pushing weight bearing carts