Full Time - Seasonal
Interpreters are employed to provide friendly and prompt service in the delivery of guided tours of museums. The job duties include but are not limited to:
- Interpret accurate and engaging historical information to visitors of the historical site;
- Demonstrate the culture or “way of life” of the people of the period to include the daily life tasks;
- Open, close, and care for the historic site;
- Develop programs and carry out the preparation and management for various events for the historic site;
- Monitor visitors’ activities in order to ensure compliance with museum’s regulations and safety practices;
- Record visitor statistics and conduct other forms of visitor research.
Those individuals employed as Interpreters must possess a sound knowledge of the Card Home and the Courthouse Museum, training will be provided. In addition, Interpreters must:
- Be able to courteously and efficiently deal with public inquiries;
- Be flexible so as to effectively deal with a varying number of personalities and situations;
- Be neat and orderly;
- Be friendly, courteous and helpful at all times in all situations;
- Be a dependable, self motivated person who is able to work independently;
- Possess good communication skills.
Hours are based on a rotating schedule, requiring work during various periods of the day; and work on some weekends excluding Sundays.
April 30, 2022
Application and Resume
Director of Corporate Services
Cardston, AB T0K 0K0