CCREMP - Emergency KitMay 27 2022
CARDSTON COUNTY REGIONAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PARTNERSHIP
BE PREPARED WITH AN EMERGENCY KIT
Unexpected situations happen every day. Having supplies is one thing you can do to help your household better manage disruptions whether they are big or small.
Being prepared means you know what to do, where to go and you have supplies to properly respond to emergencies and disasters. By taking simple steps towards becoming more prepared, you can better navigate disruptions when they occur so you can get back to your life and work sooner.
When we are prepared to take care of our needs for a minimum 72 hours, it allows first responders and all levels of government to focus on managing the crisis and helping those who need it most.
Recommended supplies for emergency kits (72 hour Kit)
- Snacks like granola or energy bars, dried fruit or trail mix
- Minimum 72 hour supply of water and electrolytes
- Medical Supplies
- Adequate supply of any prescription drugs, such as heart medication, insulin for people with diabetes and inhalers for people with asthma
- Over the counter medications such as pain relievers, cold medications, digestive aids and anti-nausea
- Essential medical equipment with back-up power
- Glasses and/or extra contact lenses and solution
- Critical Records
- Have a copy of all personal documents in a protective, sealable bag
- Include identification, birth certificates, passports, citizenship papers, Social Insurance Numbers, emergency contact list, critical medical records and prescriptions
- First Aid Kit
- Gauze, bandages, tape and antibacterial ointment
- Antiseptic wipes and protective gloves
- Sanitation Supplies
- Hand sanitizer and wipes
- Non-medical masks
- Personal hygiene products
- Trash bags
- Enough emergency cash to cover up to 72 hours of incidental expenses
- A multi-tool
- Books and portable toys and games
- Electronics with a vehicle charger
- Extra blankets
- Battery-powered or crank radio and flashlight
- Candles and matches or lighter
You can also buy prepackaged basic kits, including vehicle and pet kits. Pre-purchased kits will need to be personalized for your specific needs.
Visit www.getprepared.gc.ca for more information.
Leave a Comment