About the Role:
The Town of Cardston is seeking a Permanent full time Journeyman - Automotive Mechanic (Fleet Maintenance / Shop Supervisor). The successful candidate would be joining the Public Works department and reports to the Public Works Foreman.
Cardston is only minutes from Waterton Lakes National Park, and offers a great lifestyle with excellent educational, health and medical facilities. The community offers outstanding cultural and sporting facilities supporting a great environment for individuals and families.
Cardston Public Works is dedicated to the maintenance, repair and upgrading of the town’s utilities, facilities, and infrastructure. We are looking for an individual who is a team player who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, equality and quality of life to our residents.
- Maintenance and servicing of all Town vehicles and equipment. Working both in the town shop and sites within the town.
- Manage the Shop facility, tools, and shop equipment
- Work with Public Works Department when required and/or other duties as directed.
- Grade 12 high school diploma
- Valid Class 3 license is required with Q endorsement and clean abstract.
- Automotive Service Technician Certificate with Red Seal Endorsement.
- Levels or years experience related to this field may be considered.
- Diagnose or experience in using Automotive and/or Heavy duty Scanning Tools
- Proficient computer skills with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have skills in accurate record-keeping and creating schedules for fleet maintenance.
- Responsible and self-motivated, organized, safety conscious, and good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Physically fit, able to lift up to 50lbs and work in an outdoor environment.
- Welding, oxy-Acetylene, and metal cutting machine experience considered an asset.
- Be able to inventory and maintain the shop supplies and tools, including house keeping duties.
- Perform safety inspections and prepare reports on shop facility and fleet.
- Maintenance on all sizes of gas and diesel engines, drive trains, hydraulics, electrical attachments, small engines and equipment.
- Regular hours of work are (8) hours a day 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. M-F (however additional shifts evenings, weekends may be required.
- The Town of Cardston offers a competitive Salary including a defined benefit pension plan, a comprehensive group health and dental benefits package.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by 10 AM on Friday, May 27, 2022 to:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 403-653-2499 | or in person at 67-3rd Ave w Cardston, AB
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. This competition may remain open longer until a suitable candidate is found.