Updates for Cardston area on COVID and Influenza VaccinesOctober 27 2021
Updates for Cardston area on Covid and influenza vaccines:
(Posted on behalf of Cardston Health Unit)
- Cardston Health Unit is only doing BOOKED influenza appointments for Children under 5 years of age and their family members. We encourage all other people to get the vaccine by talking with their favorite drugstore. When we checked last week, all 4 drugstores were doing walk in flu appointments.
- Booked appointments at the Health Unit can be booked for the following days:
- Wednesdays Nov 3, 17 & 24 from 1-3:30
- Friday Dec 12 1 - 3:30
- Remember when you book, the first person you book must be under the age of 5 to start the process. https://bookvaccine.alberta.ca/vaccine/s/
COVID VACCINE at present time
- MODERNA is not available in town at this time – waiting on a shipment. To book an appointment for same call Main Street Medical at 403-653-6030. They will call you when a shipment comes in. Or talk to your local drugstore – they may be ordering it in. If you need it now, there is Moderna at the Lethbridge Exhibition grounds – walk in clients are accepted.
- Pfizer is still at the Health Unit in Town. COVID clinics are walk ins for those 12 years of age and older.
- For the Month of NOVEMBER they will be:
- Every Monday from 1 - 3:45
- Wednesday Nov 3, 17 & 24 from 8:30-12
- Friday Nov 5, 19 & 26 from 1 – 3:45
- If these times do not work for you, please contact the health unit at 403-653-5230 – we try to accommodate as needed.
AHS has a new booking system for certain vaccine appointments. You will need to register the person and then book an appointment. We are being told at this time, the 5-11 yr old will have to use this system to book in their COVID vaccines hopefully by mid-November. Please take the time to register them now – it will speed up the booking process later. https://bookvaccine.alberta.ca/vaccine/s/
Leave a Comment