Neighbours Sharing a Vision
Wednesday, July 13th 1:00 - 11:30pm
• Native Dancing, Drumming and Singing
• Round dancing (all invited to participate)
• Chautauqua Vignette (sneak peek of the Chautauqua in August)
• Western Entertainment
• Food trucks serving Indian Tacos, pulled pork and more.
• Treats from the Sweet Shop
• Craft Tables
• Art Gallery
• Special Appearance: The Together Ensemble traveling exhibit.
The Cardston Kainai Pow Wow began in 2007 as a way to bring the two communities together. A Pow Wow is the Native American way of meeting together to join in dancing, singing, socializing, renewing old friendships and making new ones. By joining together to put this event on year after year, a foundation of trust between both communities is being built and has been strengthened through this event.
“We like to express a bit of our culture with song and dance and this is a great opportunity to do so. We have a great partner with the Mayor.”
— Blood Tribe Councillor, Dexter Bruised Head
This year there will also be a compliment of western dancing and entertainment. We encourage all to attend and participate in this wonderful event.
“It’s an easy way to come to meet people, and to come to appreciate the differences between people and appreciate the beauty of those differences.”
— Cardston Mayor, Maggie Kronen