Strengthening Volunteer Boards
Presented by the Cardston & District FCSS and the Board Development Program (Alberta Culture & Tourism)
Would you like to enhance your skills as a Board Member?
As a board member of a not-for-profit organization, have you ever wondered…
• What are my legal and ethical responsibilities?
• What role do I play in governing our organization?
• How can our board organize its work and fairly and efficiently to avoid volunteer and staff burnout?
• How can we develop policies that will help us make consistent decisions?
• How can we encourage teamwork between the board and staff?
If you’re a new board member wanting to learn more about your role, or an experienced board member wishing to enhance your skills and work effectively as a team member then….. this workshop is for you.
Attend by yourself or with another member of the board. (Please note that workshop content will focus on incorporated not-for-profit organizations.)
Limit of 3 board members per organization please.
Date: Saturday May 13, 2017
Fee: Free of Charge
Location: Cardston Civic Center (67 – 3 Ave. W.)
Register at the Town Office