Real Estate, Maps and Permits
ORSSC GIS MAPS
(Oldman River Regional Services Commission Geographic Information System)
The following link is to a public portal which provides information regarding Cardston's land use bylaw, including land use zones, property boundaries, legal descriptions of properties, and total assessed values.
Property taxes are calculated by applying an annual mil-rate to the assessed value of a property using the formula below. To determine the tax amount for a specific property, enter the combined assessment in the appropriate calculator below, and select the year you want to calculate the taxes for. Assessment amounts can be found using the ORSSC GIS service.
|= Property Tax Bill|
If you’re looking for real estate for personal or business use, there are a number of qualified Realtors serving Cardston.
Please contact the following private developers for information on current developments in Cardston.
Lots for Sale
- 851 2A Street West
- 861 2A St West
- 881 2A St West
- 890 2A St West
- 870 2A St West
- 860 2A St West
- 850 2A St West
- 772 Main Street
- 832 1 St West
60′ x 109′
61′ x 102′
36′ x Irregular
39′ x Irregular
46′ x Irregular
54′ x Irregular
56′ x 121′
70′ x 121.5′
140′ x 281′
Call for Price
Call for Price
Commercial, Industrial, Public, and Institutional (call for pricing for all lots)
- 849 Main Street
- 37 9 Ave West
- 846 1 St West
- 70 9 Ave West
- 111 2 St East
- 781 7 St East
- Plan 8210662, Block 1, Lot 3
- Plan 8210662, Block 1, Lot 4
171′ x 135′
150′ x 235′
140′ x 281′
281′ x Irregular
123′ x 100′
474′ x 384′
Cardston is a growing community. We have a number of expansion and development planning documents, as well as our Land Use Bylaw. If you would like to see any of these documents, just contact the Town Office and we'll help you out!
Development permits are an essential first step in preparing for any large scale home improvement project. You need to submit an Application for Development to our Development Officer, Nolan Card, which includes the following documents:
- A completed Development Permit Application;
- An accurate site plan that identifies the location of the development in relation to all other structures on the lot and the property lines;
- Any other information that the Designated Officer deems appropriate for the project at hand;
- The fee required by the current bylaw.
All development permit applications need to be made by the owner of the property or with the written consent of the owner.
No development permit is required for the following projects:
- Installing concrete or asphalt parking surfaces (excluding carports)
- Pouring sidewalks or concrete surfaces
- Erecting fences with a rear yard maximum height of 6 feet (2M)
- One portable tool shed and one portable greenhouse per lot, with a maximum dimension of 10 feet x 12 feet
- Interior building renovations that do not affect the existing use, structural integrity, appearance, or exterior dimensions of the dwelling
If you aren't sure whether your project fits into the list above, please call the Town Office and we will help you through the process.
All signs (whether temporary or permanent) erected within the Town of Cardston need a permit. Please call the Town Office so we can help you through the permit process.