TOWN OF CARDSTON
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
SOLID WASTE COLLECTION
The Town of Cardston invites Requests for Proposals from interested companies or individuals to provide solid waste collection services for the Town.
The Town of Cardston requires a service provider capable of providing weekly residential curb-side as well as daily commercial/institutional collection of solid waste. It is the Town’s intention to obtain a clean, courteous, well-scheduled and well-executed program for the collection, hauling and disposal of solid waste.
Residential curb-side collection shall be scheduled on a weekly basis. Commercial and Institutional collection (Hyd-A-Way Dumpster system) shall be scheduled daily. There is currently a limit of four (4) containers of solid waste that can be set out for collection on a weekly basis for residential customers and no limit for commercial/institutional customers.
There are approximately 1389 residential customers and approximately 166 commercial/institutional customers as of March 1, 2016.
The Contractor shall be responsible to provide all labour, materials, necessary tools, expendable equipment and supplies, and vehicles necessary to perform and complete the collection and disposal of solid waste.
The successful bidder shall at all times comply with all Federal and Provincial laws pertaining to the hauling and disposal of solid waste.
The Contractor must provide one of the following:
1. Full certification in the Alberta Labour approved “Certificate of Recognition” (COR) program appropriate to their industry, or other approved industry association certification or;
2. Develop and implement an ongoing safety program that compliments the Town of Cardston’s safe work procedures.
The Contractor must provide evidence of public liability insurance for the term of the contract, protecting the Contractor and the Town against any and all claims for injury or damage to person or property, of a limit not less than Five Million ($5,000,000.00) Dollars.
The contractor must provide on an annual basis, a clearance letter from the Alberta Worker’s Compensation Board.
In order to qualify for consideration, contractors must comply with each of the following conditions:
1. Must be able to demonstrate previous experience in the provision of solid waste collection services.
2. Must be able to demonstrate the possession of sufficient equipment and resources or be prepared to buy/lease/rent sufficient equipment, to provide the services by the commencement date of the program.
3. Must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate the ability to provide local program administration and day to day supervision of the operations.
The contract for services shall become effective on June 1, 2016 and shall remain in force through May 31, 2021 subject to annual review.
Please submit proposals to:
Mr. Jeff Shaw
Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Cardston
67 3rd Avenue West
Phone: (403) 653-3366
Fax: (403) 653-2499
Deadline for submission of RFP’s will be 12:00 noon on April 15, 2016
The Town of Cardston has sole and unfettered discretion in the acceptance, review, evaluation and selection of any and all responses received.