Town of Cardston
Job Posting – Full Time, Permanent Position
Power Line Technician (PLT)
Located in Southern Alberta, the Town of Cardston owns and operated the electrical distribution line within the Town corporate boundaries. The Town of Cardston is hiring for the full-time, permanent position of a Power Line Technician (PLT).
- The successful Power Line Technician (PLT) candidate will:
- Perform activities related to the construction, maintenance, repair, and testing of distribution, overhead and underground electrical systems;
- Undertake live-line work utilizing a variety of methods, including live line rubber glove and hot stick techniques;
- Perform inspections for distribution lines;
- Trouble shoot and provide response to customer service calls and power interruptions;
- Operate hole digging attachments, pole setting and related equipment on line trucks;
- Work safely in accordance with safety practice regulations and procedures.
- A trade qualification as a Journeyman Power Line Technician/Lineman with an Interprovincial Red Seal Certificate;
- Thorough knowledge of the Provincial Electrical Utilities Regulations and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations, and Codes;
- Minimum two years directly related utility experience constructing, operating and maintaining overhead, underground, and streetlight systems is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and effectively work on teams with a desire to provide excellent customer service;
- Ability to interpret drawings, develop / interpret work, and instructions;
- Valid Class 1 or 3 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operator’s License with airbrake endorsement preferred;
- Ability to climb poles, work at heights, and work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time;
- An ability to function well in a crew environment and be able to work independently when needed;
- Good communication skills.
The Town of Cardston offers a competitive salary grid as negotiated by the Town Employee Association. The Town also offers a thorough benefits package consistent with other public sector employers which includes health, dental, sick leave, pension and other benefits.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to the Town of Cardston. Resumes may be submitted to:
Town of Cardston
Mail: P.O. Box 280
Cardston, Alberta T0K 0K0
In Person: 67, 3rd Avenue West
Applications will be accepted until 4:30pm on March 4, 2016.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.