NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TOWN OF CARDSTON
IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA
PROPOSED BYLAW NO. 1647
To be held at 6:00 p.m. – January 26, 2016
Town of Cardston Council Chambers
PURSUANT to sections 230, 606 and 692 of the Municipal Government Act, Revised Statutes of Alberta 2000, Chapter M-26, as amended, the Council of the Town of Cardston in the Province of Alberta hereby gives notice of its intention to consider Bylaw No.1647, being the new Town of Cardston Land Use Bylaw.
THE PURPOSE of proposed Bylaw No. 1647 is to:
- updating and establishing standards and processes regarding the use and development of land within the Town;
- incorporating new land use districts and accompanying development standards;
- establishing standards for certain types of uses including but not limited to: Accessory Buildings and Structures, Alternative/Renewable Energy Sources, Bulk Fuel Storage & Sales, Child Care Facilities, Drive-In/Drive-Thru Restaurants, Garage & Garden Suites, Gas Bars & Service Stations, Home Occupations, Kennels, Medical Marihuana Production Facilities, Multi-unit Dwellings, Pre-Fabricated Dwellings, Shipping Containers, Signage, and Small Wind Energy Systems;
- establishing general standards for development including but not limited to: Infill Development, Landscaping, Lighting, Lands Subject to Subsidence or Flooding, Retaining Walls, Grading & Stormwater Management, Watercourses & Riparian Areas
- establishing specific design, screening and landscaping standards for important “Gateways & Corridors” in the Town;
- establishing minimum and maximum lot sizes for residential districts;
- expanding and clarifying when a development permit is required and what uses may be exempt;
- expanding the Administrative section of the bylaw, to provide more detail and clear regulations pertaining to processing, public notification, making decisions, and applying conditions to development permit applications;
- amending the existing Land Use District Map to reflect land use designations (zonings);
- complying with the provisions of the South Saskatchewan Regional Plan and Municipal Government Act, Revised Statutes of Alberta 2000, Chapter M-26, as amended;
THEREFORE, TAKE NOTICE THAT a public hearing to consider the proposed Bylaw No.1647 will be held in the Town of Cardston Council Chambers at 6:00 p.m. on January 26, 2016.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE THAT anyone wishing to make a presentation regarding the proposed bylaw should, in writing, notify the Chief Administrative Officer of their intention prior to 4:00 p.m. on January 26, 2016.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE THAT both written and verbal presentations may be made to council at the public hearing.
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE THAT a copy of the proposed bylaw may be inspected at the Town of Cardston office during normal business hours or on the Town’s website.
DATED at the Town of Cardston in the Province of Alberta this 11th day of December, 2015.
Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Cardston
Cardston, Alberta T0K 0K0