About Municipal Enforcement
Cardston Municipal Enforcement Services is currently made up of one full time permanent Community Peace Officer Level 1 and one appointed full time contractual Bylaw Enforcement Officer. Municipal Enforcement will strive to provide the Town of Cardston citizens with accountable, professional, and integral enforcement services.
The department will provide both Provincial and Municipal level services. All of the Town of Cardston bylaws will be enforced along with the following list of provincial legislation.
• Traffic Safety Act
• Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act
• Trespass to Premises Act
• Petty Trespass Act
• Tobacco and Smoking Reduction Act
• Provincial Offences and Procedures Act
• Environmental Enhancement and Protection Act
• Animal Protection Act
• Dangerous Dogs Act
The above Provincial legislation will be enforced by the departments Community Peace Officer Level 1. The CPO is appointed by the Province of Alberta pursuant to the Peace Officer Act. For more information on the authorities carried by the CPO, please visit the Alberta Justice and Solicitor General webpage.
Filing a complaint with Municipal Enforcement:
There are several different ways to contact Municipal Enforcement:
1. Phone: To speak with an officer on the phone, please call (403) 653-5045.
2. Online Reporting: Click the button at the top right of this page.
Municipal Enforcement Headquarters
67 3 Avenue West (Po Box 280),
Phone: (403) 653-5045